Data Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Webcreek Technology, its subsidiaries and affiliates (as identified to you during your application process), is the company that is recruiting for the job vacancy you have applied for. Webcreek Technology will process your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement and will be responsible for complying with applicable data protection laws.
Webcreek Technology respects your privacy and will treat your personal information as confidential. We will use and share your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal information we collect about you
When you apply for a job at Webcreek Technology, we will ask you to provide us with personal information about yourself so we can evaluate your application. If this information is not provided, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. You may also provide us with your personal information that we have not specifically requested (for example, your CV may contain information about your hobbies and social preferences). All information is provided on a voluntary basis and you determine the extent of information that you provide to Webcreek Technology.
- A. Personal Information
- The kind of personal information we collect about you may include:
- Name, identity and contact details – such as your name, address, email address, telephone, other contact information and personal preferences
- Employment details – such as details of your employment background, including position, work experience, employment references, salary and other compensation requests
- Background information – such as your educational background including degrees,certificates, transcripts, credit history and/or criminal background screenings (which are relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law)
- Financial Information – such as salary, tax information, benefits, expenses, company allowances, stock and equity grants
- IT Information – such as certain technical information from you about your visit to our website using “cookies” and other similar technologies.
- Any other information in your application that you choose to share with us – such as personal preferences, hobbies, social preferences, etc.
- B. Sensitive Personal Information.
- Webcreek Technology does not usually request or require sensitive personal information regarding religion, health, sexual orientation or political affiliation in connection with your application. If you have a disability and would like for us to consider an accommodation, you may provide that information during the recruitment process.
- For some countries, Webcreek Technology may also ask for information such as race, ethnicity or gender for the purposes of monitoring equal opportunity and to help Webcreek Technology achieve our corporate Goal on Diversity and Inclusion. However, for the purposes of your application this information is voluntary. If you provide us with this information, it will not be considered in the hiring or selection process. To the extent that you provide us with sensitive personal information (race, gender, ethnicity, political opinions or beliefs, membership of a trade union or political party, physical or mental health information, sexual orientation or information related to criminal convictions or offences), you expressly authorize Webcreek Technology to handle such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information from other third parties
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from public sources or third parties. For example, we may conduct background screenings through a third-party service provider and verify information that you have in your application that relates to your past education, employment, credit and/or criminal history, as allowed by applicable law. You may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as job-related social media sites (for example, LinkedIn). By authorizing Webcreek Technology to have access to this information, you agree that Webcreek Technology may collect, store and use this information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How Webcreek Technology uses your personal information
Webcreek Technology will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of job candidates (part time or fulltime) for the job you have applied for and for subsequent job opportunities
- general HR administration and management (in case you become a Webcreek Technology employee)
- carrying out satisfaction surveys (for example, to manage and improve the recruitment process)
- application analysis such as verification of your employment reference(s) that you have provided, background checks and related assessments
- compliance with corporate governance and legal requirements (for example, to monitor diversity requirements)
- communicate with you and to inform you of the current status of your application and future opportunities (unless you have told us that you do not want us to keep your information for such purposes).
Profiling and automated decision making
Webcreek Technology may also process your personal data in relation to your application for data and statistical analysis. We may deploy specific technologies for the purposes of enabling certain global-level recruiting analysis and diversity monitoring with your consent where permitted by applicable law, to comply with legal requirements or in Webcreek Technology’s legitimate interests. Webcreek Technology does not make any automated decisions in relation to your application without human involvement.
With whom will Webcreek Technology share your personal information?
We take care to share your personal information only with those who really need it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties with a legitimate business need. We may disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- A. Third party service providers
- We may also share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us such as recruitment agencies, consultants, background services and attorneys. If your personal information is shared in this way, Webcreek Technology do so only on a “need-to-know” basis and we will seek to ensure it is only used in connection with the functions or services these parties will be performing for Webcreek Technology and that your personal information is treated by them in a confidential manner. These service providers that Webcreek Technology uses may change depending on the Webcreek Technology entity that employs you and may change over time but we will always seek to ensure that any third parties who handle your personal information will do so in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law.
- B. Other third parties
- Webcreek Technology may also disclose your personal information to other third parties including:
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including in order to respond to a lawful government request, court order, administrative or judicial process (such as a subpoena or search warrant)
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- As necessary to protect your vital interests (for example, we may need to share your personal information with third parties in the event of an emergency)
- Where we have otherwise obtained your consent
Legal basis under which Webcreek Technology processes your personal information
WebCreek Technology’s legal basis for our collecting and processing of your personal information are as follows:
- Webcreek Technology’s legitimate interests, namely the recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of new employees and the management and administration of the recruitment and HR process, to the extent these activities do not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
- Compliance with Webcreek Technology’s legal obligations where employment law or other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example to the extent the law requires the monitoring equality of opportunity and diversity).
- Other legal grounds where applicable such as in your vital interests (for example, health and safety reasons if you attend an interview at our site) and agreements with employee representations (such as Works Councils).
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, contact us at email@example.com
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law. If you want to learn more please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We process your personal information in the local country where you submitted your application and through our global recruitment platform. Webcreek Technology may host servers or utilize third party service providers, but in either case we will be responsible for the secure access of personal information.
We may transfer your personal information to other office locations of Webcreek Technology which are outside your country of residence. In order to provide adequate protection of your personal information, we have in place contractual arrangements (where appropriate) which cover these transfers and we will take all reasonable measures to safeguard your information whenever it is transferred.
Security and Confidentiality
We maintain appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information we process. If you have any questions on the security measures that we use to secure your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com
You are responsible for the information you provide to Webcreek Technology and that it is honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. If you provide information concerning any other person such as individuals you provide as references, you are responsible for providing any notices and ensuring your referee consents to Webcreek Technology collecting and processing that information as described in this Privacy Statement.
You may have certain rights available to you under applicable data protection laws which may include the right to:
- Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your personal data and obtain a copy of that personal data
- Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal information about you and for any incomplete personal information about you to be completed
- Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above)
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing, including profiling if that decision produces legal effects about you or significantly affects you. Webcreek Technology does not, as part of its recruitment process, make solely automated decisions about candidates
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted
- Portability: you have the right to receive your personal information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another controller in certain circumstances.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will only use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our website. If at any time, we decide to use your personal information in a manner that is different from that stated at the- time it was collected, you will be given notice.
Contact Webcreek Technology
Please contact Webcreek Technology if you have privacy questions or concerns, or wish to make a complaint by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org